Thursday, July 10, 2008

Give Teddy a chance

One of my favorite parts about going to the Nats games is the running of the Presidents Race. The race is very competitive between four of our country's beloved presidents - George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. I root for Teddy. Every time. And he breaks my heart, just like those darn Nats. Everytime.

I went to the game on Tuesday to see the Nats take on my own Diamondbacks. Never really following D-back baseball while in AZ, I left my loyalties to lie with the Nats. Not breaking from tradition, the Nats lost 2-0. Although the game wasn't too exciting, the Presidents Race was pretty riveting. Teddy held the lead for 80% of the race. Again, not breaking from tradition, Teddy lost a shoe, tripped, and lost the race to Abe. Another bitter loss.

A fellow blogger and Teddy enthusiast is following the Presidents Race very closely. Since the inception of the race back in 2006, Teddy has not won a single race. But I'm not giving up hope. Run Teddy, run!!!

Go here for the Teddy blog: http://blog.letteddywin.com

No comments: