Monday, September 29, 2008

Stark realization

It’s starting to hit home that my work here is almost done.

The House photographer came in today so we could get a picture with the Congressman. Then we all went outside to the steps of Cannon to get an office shot. I hadn’t really thought any thing of it until the photographer said, “I always hate this time of year. Members and their offices breaking up.” I saw that she had tears in her eyes, and aside from taking our picture today and doing a photo-op last week, I don’t think she had known the Congressman. And for her to be affected the way she was totally just got to me.

For all intent and purposes, today was the last day of legislative business. So this "family" that I've come to know will soon break up and go our separate ways. It's been a fun ride and a working environment that has been awesome beyond words. Nothing will ever come close...

1 comment:

Andrew Meeusen said...

I'm so glad you got to get out to DC and experience life in the beltway, and had a ton of fun doing it. I feel the same way, having made friends in the Congressman's office, and not having been in contact with them for over a year now.

But you are definitely destined for great things, and I wish you all the best of luck in both moving on and in finding a new "family" to kick ass and take names with!

I know we haven't chatted in a while - I hope you are doing well other than this!