Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Really people???

I understand that this whole bailout situation that Congress is voting on is kind of a big deal and people are worried about the future. I totally get that. But I don't think that's a good enough reason for people to be assholes on the phone. I'm a person too and this whole situation affects me as well. So take a breath, calm down, and talk to me like you're an adult who's mother actually taught them manners. Maybe then I'll actually pass your comments on to the Congressman.

Oh, and really, you can't give me the city in Arizona that you're from??? It's not like I'm going to track you down and stalk you. Are you not giving me that information because you're maybe NOT FROM OUR DISTRICT??? Yeah, that's what I thought. Call Gabbi.

****ADDENDUM****

I love it when constituents make threats. Here's my favorite: someone from say Phoenix calls and says, "tell the Congressman to vote no on this bill, otherwise he can count on me NOT voting for him." Oh I just laugh. First of all, silly, you can't vote for him. You're not in his distract. Hahahahahah. Second, even if you were in his district, he's not running again. Double hahahha. Oh silly, uninformed, non-constituents and your empty threats. You're gonna want to call Raul or Harry. K thanks, bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad day? It's rough being on the "front line", I know. love ya, mom

Andrew Meeusen said...

I hear ya, Chelsea... I'm helping out on Congressman Flake's campaign, and the voicemails we get are just as bad as some we used to get in Flagstaff. But keep up the good work; only 33 more days 'til Election Day!

~AJM