Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I need a buddy

Get Paid $25,000 To Ride Local Roller Coasters
Posted: 12:28 pm EDT June 3, 2009


ORLANDO, Fla. -- If you love roller coasters, the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau has a job just for you.

The "67 Days of Smiles" website asks interested people to convince them "that you and your spouse, best friend, brother, mother or 'other' have an adventurous spirit and smiling personalities and land the ultimate assignment."

The Orlando CVB says the selected pair will do everything from roller coaster riding to hang gliding, swimming with dolphins, golfing, shopping, gator wrestling, museum exploring, theatre-going and more.

As the winning pair, you'll be expected to report on your experiences using cell phones, a digital video camera and still camera supplied to you and share your 67 Days of Smiles with the world through social media tools like blogs, Twitter and Facebook.

The city will pay you $25,000 to cover your expenses back home and provide a two-bedroom condo in downtown Orlando for the entire 67 days. You can learn more about it and apply at the 67 Days of Smiles website.

Copyright 2009 by wftv.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I seriously want to do this but I need somebody else to commit with me. Who doesn't want to have fun for 67 days??? Mom, pass this on to Kevin.

1 comment:

Tyler Barton said...

Chelsea,

This sounds like the ideal job, almost too good to be true, and we all know the old adage about that, but this might actually be legitimate. As for that "buddy" thing, I would gladly go with you, but I am not much for roller coasters since I have spells of mild acrophobia when I get on those things. Hang gliding I could probably do, and alligator wrestling I could be ideal for thanks to some other experience I have had, but I have never played golf a day in my life, I do not enjoy water sports terribly much, shopping is more a woman's pastime, I would probably make museum exploring dull for anyone with me since I have been labeled something of a nerd, but the theatre going does sound fun if they have any good productions; therefore, I do not think you would like me for a partner. Besides I am in a show right now, and I cannot possibly get away. This does sound like fun, though.

On another note, I am glad to see that your blog posting has not apparently suffered from your computer's woes. Good luck with your callback, by the way!

-Tyler.