Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bust out your cots, we're gonna be here a while

We pulled a couple late nights at work a few weeks back. Some important legislation came to the floor including the Iraq War Supplemental and the Farm Bill. Plus, there was some issue with a House clerk submitting the wrong Farm Bill to the president or something, and the president signed the wrong version of the Farm Bill. Google it for all the details. They eventually figured out the mess and straightened everything out.

During the evening, I took a quick break and trekked across the street to Tortilla Coast for a roommate’s birthday. After two margs, I headed back to work. I think I left work at 9:30/10-ish. On my way out, there were a bunch of members coming back to their offices from the Capitol. I saw two of Arizona’s delegation, John Shadegg and Jeff Flake. I smiled extra big at them as I passed by trying to keep myself from shouting out, “I’m from Arizona!”
Then I walked home in the dark - the best way to see DC, all lit up.

No comments: