Sunday, June 8, 2008

Excursions around the Capitol

I was sitting at home one Saturday afternoon with not a whole lot going on. I decided to grab my camera and go for a walk. What you are about to see are various sights and locations that I see on different occasions while living and working in DC. Enjoy.


Around the corner from my house
My favorite address: No. One Third St. NE because it says "No One"
I'm easily amused, I know
Beyond the Library of Congress flags is the Cannon House Office Building - the place I call work
Some weird thingamajig on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol. I was hoping I could find some obscur door that would lead to some secret underground passageway. No such luck.
The exterior of the Botanic Gardens
Someone got married there
Some ducks just doing their thing in the Capitol reflecting pool
My homestead (brick house, blue trim)
The End. Until I'm bored on another random Saturday and take another stroll through some part of town. Most of what you just saw I pass on the way to and from work. Except for the ducks and the botanic garden. But sometimes after it rains quite a bit, you can find a duck and some of her babies chilling out in a puddle on the Library of Congress grounds. They make me smile when I see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you just living in all that green after your life on the desert
Auntie J