Thursday, July 9, 2009

A tip from Meryl

"The other thing I learned was, and I've been cooking for hundreds of years, that if you have garlic and onions on your fingertips, if you dip your hands in salt and then rinse them in cool water, the smell goes right away."

Meryl Streep in the August 2009 issue of Ladies' Home Journal when asked what tips she learned on the set of Julie & Julia.

Much obliged Meryl. As one who often cooks with garlic and sometimes with onions, I'm left with that smell on my finger for days despite soap and a good scrub. I can't wait to put this tip to the test. Or see Meryl's new movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I.Love.Meryl.Streep.

Like... a whole lot.

You are my new favorite person (eventhough you were up there on my list anyways!)

Lynz said...

i just saw an ad for that movie this weekend! i'm totally gonna see if my mom will go watch it with me while i'm home.

and i also think that tip is NEAT. i have that problem all the time! : )