Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Best of intentions blah blah blah

I give this excuse so many times. "I really did have the best of intentions to post about what's been going on, but I've been soooooo busy....."

It's true, but that's no excuse. I just need to make the time and get you all up to speed. Here are a few tidbits to entice you for now and hold you over:

I went to NYC the 1st of August and saw probably one of the best plays in my life with two of the best performances given by two equally powerful and strong women. I'm going back this weekend to watch the final show of Mary Stuart.

I'm embarking on a do-it-myself project mosaic-ing (is that a word?) a coffee table. It's been a journey and I don't think I'll actually mosaic it after all.

I start an internship tomorrow. I get to promote opera! I mean, I've already unofficially been doing that since I became a fan of opera, but now I get to do it for reals! Ahhhh. I'm so jazzed! Er make that, I'm so opera'ed!!! Just to set the record straight, it's an internship, not a job.

Julie/Julia is probably one of the best feel-good, make-you-happy movies I've seen in a really long time.

Mel is off on her 11 month mission trip all across the world. DC just got a little less awesome.

La Boheme at Wolf Trap with Jackie was super awesome. I didn't expect to hear singing that good. I mean, we're talking good!

Plans are in the works for a trip to NYC over Labor Day for a little US Open action.

I really do hope to be able to expand upon some of these tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

Tyler Barton said...

Chelsea,

I regrettably must identify with your usage of the popular excuse; however, lest you become fearful for the state of my morality, I must add that I only offer this excuse to myself when I am trying to make myself understand why I did or did not do something.

As for the remainder of your post, I am pleased to hear that your experience in New York City was as excellent as it invariably is every time you travel there. Have you actually ever gone with the outcome being less than desirable? When you return from seeing "Mary Stuart", you shall have to provide us with your review of it.

DIY projects are always excellent experiences for us to learn a new skill, and if they are completed with a moderate degree of proficiency, they can also be immensely pleasing to the person whose handiwork it is. Neverthelss, I do not believe that "mosaic-ing" is a word, and if it is, I would rather insert the phrase "mosaic tiling," it being far more elgant to the structure of language.

I am excited to hear about the intricate details of your intership. I am sure that it shall be a rewarding occupation of your free time, whatever precious little amount of it you have. You say that you are going to promote opera, and I am wondering if that involves passing out pamphlets, waving signs, or the sorts of methods employed by grass-roots campaigns? It sounds like something you will have fun doing, and I did not even mention all of the performances you will be seeing in addition to that.

I am anxious to read your epansion on the Wolf Trap "La Boheme" performance you saw recently. From your minute description, it sounds better than anyone would have thought for a regional company.

Finally, thanks for keeping us posted.

-Tyler.

Anonymous said...

Is the table done yet?