Thursday, May 1, 2008

A semi-huge freak out!

I live in DC.
I enjoy opera.
I love Renee Fleming (duh!).
Renee Fleming is coming to DC in November to sing an opera.

How perfect is that? Just a few metro stops from my house is Renee Fleming instead of a 3 hour train ride to New York. I want tickets in a really bad way.

So my new opera buddy and I have been planning out our opera season for 08/09. We have two options: a full season subscription of seven operas (I can live without seeing three of them) or a mini-subscription. Mini-subscription all the way! But the people at the KC are geniuses and block off all of RF's peformances unless we get a minimum of five operas. Okay, fine whatever. Sign me up. So opera buddy waits on the phone for a really long time to sign us up for the mini-sub. Like ten hours later (maybe 45 minutes) she makes it through only to be told that renewing mini-subers can only place their orders at this time and new comers have to wait until a future unnamed date.

Excuse me?!!!! You don't understand. I HAVE to see RF in Lucrezia Borgia!!! I've missed too much already to miss this. So Lord only knows how many tickets are left to the four peformances in November and please remember that RF is kind of a super big deal and I'm a really big fan! REALLY BIG!!!

So now I wait. Impatiently. If I miss Renee, then I'm going postal on someone. Ah, breath Chelsea... There's alway Thais in December...

/end semi-huge freak out.

With that out of my system, I hope to get caught up on the last two exciting weeks of my life. Stay tuned. I'll definitely let you know when I get my Renee tickets. Because it's when, not if.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Pavarotti, are the other two guys still performing? That would be cool.
Also, wanted to mention, your blog is really hard to read.

Erin said...

I'm freaking out too!