Friday, May 22, 2009

And we're done!

The final curtain has come down on my last opera for the 2008/2009 season. Oh and what a season it has been! Renee...Placido...Dmitri...Patricia...Nessun Dorma...The Meditation...Song to the Moon...Di Provenza...The Met...The Kennedy Center...Thais (four times)...Lucrezia Borgia (three times w/ Renee, once w/ Sondra)...Il Trovatore...Peter Grimes! (twice)... What memories! So many great memories. And all the good friends along the way. Can't wait to do it all again!

And oh my gosh LEONTYNE PRICE! How could I ever forget???

2 comments:

Tyler Barton said...

Chelsea,

I would have thought my opera seasongifted by providence to have seen ONE of those performances you saw, especially one of those with Renee. What does next year look like?
-Tyler.

chelsea said...

Renee was awesome, but by far my greatest operatic experience thus far (and I assume for years to come) was getting to hear Leontyne Price sing (amazingly well I might add) at the age of 82. Aside from Phedre in Sept. I don't have anything secured for next season yet. But that will soon change.