Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Running on Empty

Several of my friends ran the Captiol Hill 10k this past Sunday. I graciously relinquished my spot in the race in order to stand on the sideline to cheer on my pals. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And if I have to be that someone, then so be it.












Top left: AMY. Top Right: Lauren. Center: Unknown girl, Jon, Mel practicing her victory pose. Below: Sherwin stopping to say "hello."


Other race highlights:
Father/Son or Older Brother/Younger Brother racing duo - I bet that little kid would've out paced me.


An older gent in the zone. There's seriousness written all over that face - you bet your ass he would've out paced me.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I did a 5K a few weeks ago with Alyssa strapped to my chest because I was told there were no strollers. I finished in just under an hour. I don't think that it all that bad, though most serious people had completed it in like 20 min!