Saturday, May 16, 2009

Major Disapointment at One in the Morning

Why is there not one decent place open at one in the morning willing to serve me an order of onion rings in this whole District of Columbia? Is that really too much to ask? I mean, if I was in Atlantic City right now, my pub would have been open and willingly served me a full menu. And in New York City, there are at least vendor carts linging the streets with food aplenty. And on top of all of that, I walked 1 1/2 miles to realize let down after let down. But I'm home now, with no onion rings when that's all I really want. If I didn't value my life so much, I'd venture on down to SE and grab some O-rings at the local Denny's.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

It is always what you want that is the hardest to find. Once you don't want it anymore you will find it on every corner!

Andrew Meeusen said...

Sometimes, you just gotta take the risk and go satisfy the craving. C'mon, how bad could SE really be...? Surely no worse than the kidnapping capital of the United States: Phoenix, Arizona.

Anonymous said...

peel & slice one sweet onion, separate into rings. Poura cup of Bisquick into a shallow bowl or pan. Add beer til the thickness of pancake batter. Dip O rings and fry in hot oil, pref in a cast iron skillet. Love Ya Auntie J