Sunday, January 24, 2010

MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!

I broke my thirty-hour music fast with Dancing Queen in the middle of a not very crowded yet slightly noisy Busboys and Poets. But it was the trio from der Rosenkavalier that put me back into my happy spot. After dinner, I ran upstairs and stood in the middle of my room and let the gloriousness of these three beautiful voices pour over me.

Just listen...




...do you hear that? It's like the heavens opened up and rained down this glorious awesomeness of pure rapturous ecstasy that sweeps you up ever higher with each progressing note. The three voices dance and intertwine and by the very end I have found myself on the tips of my toes. I almost shed a tear.

That's the beauty of music, and that is why I listen. And that's why giving up music for thirty hours was a challenge. I suppose that sometimes I listen to the point of distraction and the reason for the fast was to let the absence channel my thoughts to the Almighty. In some instances that happened. It also allowed me to be more aware of my surroundings and the natural music in the world around me - the birds chirping, the rustling of the leaves, the car sirens at one in the morning... And for a few hours this afternoon I was alone in the silence. It almost made me nervous to be alone with my thoughts - mulling over all of the grown-up things that are staring me down and give me unease.

Well that's deep enough for one night. I try and keep it light-hearted around here. So for know the music is back...and the beat goes on!

2 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Why in the name of Harriet Walter would you go on a fast from music? I'd rather starve and parch before fast from music! Don't do that again, or you know what will come your way.

Term Papers said...

It’s great to see good information being shared. i really like the video and songs.he is awesome, Thanks for the info.

Term papers