Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Boston anyone?

So I think I'm going to Boston the first weekend of August...to see Renee Fleming in Eugene Onegin. I checked her schedule today on a whim and noticed she'd be performing the opera in August. Don't know if anyone's coming with me, but I just made up my mind so that's pretty much that. Tickets are cheap - $18-27. If anyone wants to join me, let me know. I love to share the art of opera with anyone willing to be open minded and try something new.

I took Michelle to see the HD Broadcast of Romeo et Juliet back in December. I literally drug Max to the HD Broadcast of Macbeth in January, although he won't admit that he went to the opera. Sam (CN Sam) accompanied me to Otello last month. Now I'm trying to get Mel to come to something. She'll be a tough sell. As much as she dislikes my country music, I think she detests opera even more. Maybe Megan will come since it's in her backyard. And Lauren will be in New Hampshire this summer so that's always a possibility.

So yeah. Renee Fleming. Eugene Onegin. Boston. August 2. Me. Good times! Who's in?

P.S. She's really good in this. Here are two clips - the Letter Scene parts 1 and 2. How can you resist?



3 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Word of warning - that's at Tanglewood in the Berkshires, not actually in Boston. Renee's Tatiana is divine, but this is just a concert version.

Megan said...

So when exactly is it? I'm going to be going to Fairbanks for my best friend's wedding in the middle of August, but if I'm in town, absolutely!

Unknown said...

your assesment is correct - I do indeed detest opera even more. But, country is growing on me so much that I will listen to it on the radio by myself...so there is hope :) I will try to have an open mind and will go to at least one opera with you here in DC. deal?