Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen!

The moment you've all been waiting for! Well, probably only me. But after almost a month of waiting (wow! can't believe it's almost been a month), I have finally received....wait for it, wait for it....drum roll please......

My picture with super awesome and extremely Ah-MAZING American Soprano RENEE FLEMING!!!! (she's on the right:)




This was in the green room right after her Ah-MAZING and emotional performance in Otello. Renee (we're totally bff now. okay, not really, but I like to think so) was so gracious and super nice to Sam (CN Sam) and me. I probs freaked her out because I was super excited to meet and talk to her. I was totally shaking and I'm sure she felt my shakes when I took the pic with her. I hope to be able to meet her again. Gosh, I was just so awestruck when I met her I don't think my sentences were intelligible at all. She's super Ah-MAZING!!! And sooooooo nice.

I still don't believe that I actually met Renee Fleming. Don't believe it at all... Renee Fleming! Chelsea. The same room. Unbelievable......

5 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Believe it! Great picture too.

Leah said...

Awww, I love your picture, and you sound exactly like I did when I met her for the first time! So glad you had a wonderful time, she is the most amazing woman ever.

Leah said...

Thanks for the congratulations! :D

I have met her 4 times, actually! I honestly can't believe I've met her at all....I thought that was a dream that would never come true! Like you, it was 'Sarah the Amazing' who got me backstage :)

The first time I met her was last February at "Eugene Onegin" at the Met, and it was the best experience ever...ask anyone who was back there, I was stumbling all over myself trying to talk to her haha

Leah said...

I know, I'm shocked myself...I know it's such a privilege to meet her too! So many people would love to, but I have been lucky enough to actually get the opportunity! I'm so thankful for that! And we certainly do owe Sarah a LOT!!

I noticed you're going up to Tanglewood...I have a ticket, but it's still up in the air whether or not I'll get to go. It's pretty far away, so we'll see. At least my ticket was pretty cheap :)

Leah said...

Yes, that DVD is amazing!!

I do live in the DC area....here's my email: leahsings@gmail.com....that might be easier to communicate lol

And I have the same dilemma with my friends! It would be great to have someone to go with!