Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Recess!!!


Two weeks of recess starting today! Heck yes!! Friday and Monday off. Shorter hours and casual jean days. I love my job!

I tell people we're on recess for the next two weeks and they ask, "so, what, are you in grade-school? Do you get to go out and play?" Why, yes we do! Aside from appropriations, some of the more pressing issues on our agenda were locking down details for the office trip to Atlantic City and filling out the NCAA Final Four Bracket.

Two of our guys are leaving Wednesday for a week stint in Germany. Our scheduler is at home in Minnesota for a week for her birthday. I think someone else is leaving at some point, so there's like four of us holding down the fort. And I'm the only girl. Oh the things I hear in this office.... And I'm in the middle of a paper war zone back here. Good times for sure!

So I'm hoping with this recess I'll have time to get caught up on the blog, get caught up on some sleep, get a little organized with all this new health care business I've got going on, and you know, just chill.

This is such a great office to be apart of during recess and really any other time as well. We're all going to Atlantic City in April (minus the Congressman obviously). What office do you know that goes to Atlantic City to hang out together? Our office. And every day at 1pm, everything stops for Family Fued. It's our lunch ritual.

Recess and this office - I love it!!!

3 comments:

Andrew Meeusen said...

Happy Evacuation/St. Patrick's/Recess Day! Glad to hear you're using my tax dollars wisely... on Family Feud! :)

chelsea said...

Hey, we all have to eat lunch. Might as well watch some quality tv while we're at it.

Andrew Meeusen said...

Ha ha, that's true. I get to watch "24" on my desk shifts, so I'm just as guilty.