Friday, April 18, 2008

Quantico Revisited

Sam (HS Sam) called me Wednesday night of last week and asked what I was doing over the weekend. “No plans. Just hoping to relax after a crazy weekend in AC.” She was headed to the in-laws with my godson for the weekend, and I said to count me in!

I hopped on the train Friday evening and was in Quantico by 8:00. We had some grub, watched some tv, bathed little David and called it a night. The next day, we went to a little conference thing with Sam’s mother-in-law. When we got back, we cooked dinner, played with the little dude, then played cards till 1:00 in the morning.

Steve, Sam’s father-in-law, cooked us a big breakfast. I packed my stuff up, and Sam took me to the train station. I got home, unpacked my stuff, then went and saw Macbeth. A pretty super awesome weekend, if you ask me.

I love visiting Sam because it’s always a great time to just relax and have a nice, low key weekend. And David is sooooo flippin cute!! He’s crawling now, and he can pull himself up, and with a little help he can walk. I love that kid! Can’t wait to see him (probably walking) in a month.

As soon as a get a picture from Sam of little David, I’ll post it. Yay for godsons and best friends!!!

No comments: