Thursday, April 10, 2008

The showdown continues

I survived the night and I live to tell the tale. I swear it was the longest night I’ve had in a long time, but I was not attacked by the mouse that is on the loose in our house.

One of my roommies came home and she volunteered to sweep out my room of all the little presents left behind because I was too much of a child to deal with it myself. I was so pissed because I had to throw a bunch of food away. Since I was the last roommate to move in, I get the lowest shelf in the kitchen. I had a box of granola bars on the shelf and the mouse ripped into them and ate them. So those are in the trash. I also threw out a box of cereal that was right next to it because you never know and some bagels that were in a paper sack.

I couldn’t suck it up and sleep in my bed so thankfully Mel was out of town. I crashed in her bed Monday and Tuesday night. There was another mouse sighting on Tuesday. Sitting in the living room, watching American Idol, I see the mouse scurry from behind the couch and into the kitchen. Uh, the heebie jeebs!

So everyone’s telling me that peanut better is the way to go. We shall see. You know, I'll never be able to look at a mouse in the same way again. Rattatoullie? Forget it. An American Tale? No sir! Mickey Mouse? You jest. Jerry? Don't even get me started!!

No comments: