Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bea Arthur night at JR's

When I'm hanging with Torrey, it's usually ladies choice, so he chose JR's. Every Monday night JR's blasts show tunes from various plasma flat screens positioned throughout the two-story bar. Monday night was Bea Arthur night in honor of her passing. Interspersed with the regular show tunes were clips featuring the ever-recgonizable and talented Arthur. We were there long enough for two renditions of The Golden Girls theme, one duet between Arthur and Lucille Ball singing "Bossom Buddies" from Mame, several talk show appearances and five other show tunes.

I made my own video just to capture the mood in JR's. Nothing like a bunch of queens singing along to show tunes to honor one of their favorite performers.



A better quality (video and performance-wise) of Bea Arthur singing "Bosom Buddies" with Angela Lansbury.



And because Sam (CT Sam) and I vowed to move to Florida in our twilight years, here's the theme song from The Golden Girls.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so disappointed! I can't watch the video because it's "private"...

chelsea said...

I fixed it - it's public now.

Anonymous said...

Aww Bosom Buddies.. reminds me of the rendition Marilyn Horne and Frederica von Stade did. So cute.