Thursday, April 2, 2009

Urban Dare: BECAUSE WE CAN - Not Revisited

Last year, Mel and I participated in Urban Dare, "the adventure race that's part photo hunt, part trivia, and part DARES." We decided that since we did a lot of things just because we could, we would be team BECAUSE WE CAN. We surprised ourselves by finishing in 17th place out of just over 100 teams with a time hovering above two hours. It was one of the best times we had and a great way to learn and see the city.

I am sad to report that we will not be participating in the Dare this year. Mel will be in Arizona that weekend and I'm traveling to Boston for a Renee Fleming recital (not a total loss:). I strongly suggest checking their website to see if a Dare is coming to a city near you. I guarantee you'll have a great time. In the meantime, I'll see if I can talk my mom in doing Urban Dare: Las Vegas in October...

Check out the Urban Dare Blog for pictures and results from prior Dares.

I just learned how to hyperlink so my apologies for getting a little hyperlink happy in my posts.

No comments: