Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ode to Mel


It amazes me at how well I have transitioned into my new life here in DC. I credit that to my go-with-the-flow personality, the fact that I knew everyone I'd be working with, and the several friends that are living here in DC or in nearby states.

And then there's Mel. Friend, roommate, pal extraordinare. The Thelma to my Louise (or maybe the Louise to my Thelma). My go to person for anything and everything - from butter to luggage to bedding and transportation. She's definitely been the saving grace that has helped to make this move to DC easy.

I came to DC with limited stuff. Whatever I couldn't shove into two large suitcases would be coming via UPS two weeks later. So Mel provided what I needed. And she carted my butt around the first weekend so I could get furniture and amenities to make my room a livable room.

Plus, Mel is just fun to hang out with. There are only a handful of friends that I can hang out with and totally just be a nut. And she's the only one here in DC that I can act like a total nerd around because she's just as much the nerd that I am. For instance, we both just got the newest blackberry for our respective jobs, and we're sitting in my room, five feet from each other, talking to each other via the blackberry messenger.

So pretty much Mel and I just have an awesome time all the time. There's never a dull moment. And she's super awesome for putting up with me and making sure I'm well taken care of. So my hat's off to you Mel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea,
Finally got time to sit down and read you whole Blog start to finnish. Sounds like your are having a great time I really like all the info you exsplane it so well.I will agree with you opra is great I also love Jazz. Keep having a blast and I will keep on reading.

Love Ya Del

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea!
My mom just told me about your blog so figured I'd start at the begining and I'll tell ya, you have quite the nack for story tellin! I read all your blogs in one sitting and was disappointed there wasn't more when I reached the end =)
Keep on typin, we are all enjoying your adventure!!
Love ya cuz, Paula

Anonymous said...

P.S. just wanted to mention that its hard on the eyes to read the text.
Well I have to head back to the capitol building now, have a good day.