Monday, February 11, 2008

REALLY??!!! (Various absurdities)

Is it that hard to change the toilet paper? If you're making the effort to pull it out of the cabinet and place it on top of the depleted roll, you might as well go that extra mile and switch it out completely. Heaven forbid you break a sweat.

Why must people walk so fast around here? I've picked up my slow Arizona pace a bit, but there's times I'm on the verge of a full on run trying to keep up with some of these people. In heels! On marble! With no traction! I don't see this ending well.

Can you pick up the phone? I refuse to add text messaging to my cell phone plan. And I hate, no, make that HATE when people text instead of call. Especially when I haven't even talked on the phone to the person. All of my "conversations" with a person has been one-sided and completely via text messaging. I haven't responded in a while through your method, so maybe your approach is not working. If you've got something to ask me, call. It's not that hard. I have a cell phone, not a cell texter. I refuse to cave.

UPS isn't open on the weekends. No explanation needed.

Have I ever mentioned how outrageous the cost of living is out here? Very. In some ways, I'm definitely my father's daughter, which makes it quite hard to swallow the amount that is paid for, well, just about everything. Don't know if I'll ever get used to it. But hey, a lifetime of memories is priceless! :)

Could it take any longer for the American History Museum to get a facelift? I've been to DC several times in the last year or so, and it's always closed for construction. The AHM is my fave of the Smithsonian's and it's the one I've had the least opportunities of exploring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cuz i wouldn't say you were entirely like him yet but your on your way. drop me a line havasu sucks in the winter so ive been without the lake for too long

-derek